Monday, August 10, 2009

What to write about?

Well it is official. As of last Thursday I have had my blog for two years! Isn't that crazy. So I have to admit I come and look at my blog everyday and think I should post something, but stop because I have no idea what to post. So then I just go look at other blogs and wish I was more interesting, more articulate and in general had something to blog about. Well today I came across someones blog and they wrote about how when they started their blog they wanted to get lots of traffic lots of comments and being interesting, but that it didn't go well. It wasn't until she got pregnant and was just posting about that, that she got lots of people to look at her blog. And now she doesn't care about traffic and comments she just uses it as a journal.

Isn't that just the way things go? I actually started this blog as a way of telling people I was pregnant. And since then it really has been a way of updating on my growing little boy and as a journal for our lives, because I too am terrible at writing in a journal. So I am going to try to make a commitment to write blogs not caring who reads them, but as a way to document my life. So here I go.

What is the big boy up too recently:

1. He has his first tooth! It is on the bottom. It just broke through the skin a week ago. I haven't really experienced getting bit yet, but I am sure that is coming.

2. He still isn't crawling, just rolling and that is even minimum (accept in his bed at night). Yesterday at church we sat him on the floor next to a little boy that is about 3 months younger than him and he had a toy that made noise and Wilson wanted it. So what do you know he got on his belly scooted his way to the little boy and took his toy! Loved the scooting, not a big fan of taking others toys and am a little worried he might be a bully. His big size doesn't help that worry.

3. He is now in the phase of life where all of his toys aren't that interesting, but anything that Ryan or I have is awesome and he wants it that second and if you don't give it to him or you take it away he has a tantrum.

What is going on with me:

1. Now that camp is over not much. Just trying to relax and get Wilson back on schedule.

2. We saw Harry Potter a few weeks ago with some friends. I have not really read the books. I have tried a couple of times to start them but could never get into them. Well after seeing that movie I really wanted to know how things end, but Ryan refused to tell me and threatened anyone who offered. So I broke down and decided to try to read the 7th one. And I did. I read it pretty fast too. Good book. Now I think I am going to read them all in reverse. Not back of the book to the front, but now I will read the sixth then the fifth and so on.

3. My young woman's presidency got changed. I am still the same, but now have a different president. I am really excited to work with her.

That is all I can think of right now. I will post again soon! Maybe some pictures next time!

No comments: