Friday, January 14, 2011

I love a Piano

*Title is a line from a song that my grandma used to sing to me!

I love pianos. Ever since I can remember I have always wanted to play. I was lucky enough to be able take take lessons when I was young and throughout my childhood. Although I must admit that I didn't practice as much as I should have and am still not very good. I still love it dearly. When I was young I was lucky enough to be able to learn on the piano my mom had growing up. And ever luckier I was given that same piano. Isn't it beautiful?

I have so many dear memories about this piano!
The years I spent practicing (and not practicing).
Playing hymns for my mom while she cleaned the kitchen.
Holding my nephews on my lap with their hands on mine while I played.
The first time I played it after they moved it to my house.

But I think recently the memory most dear has been Wilson playing it. One day he decided that he wanted to sing songs. I opened it up and he sat at the bench started hitting keys and singing "Jingle bells, Jingle bells". And I think almost everyday since he has asked to "sing songs". Most days he tell me I need to play and give me the top 5 keys and asks me to the play the "daddy song" from the children's song book! I look forward the many memories this piano and I have in the future!
I Love a Piano!

No comments: