Thursday, March 26, 2009

Angels and Demons


A little while ago I wrote about how I watch way too much TV and vowed to read some books. Well I am happy to report that I read two books and started two. The first was Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. I was drawn to this book for three reasons. First because it by the same author as Da Vinci Code which I loved. Second I had tried to read this book like three times before, but never got into it and I finally wanted to finish it. And third because the movie is coming out it May and if I see the movie before reading the book I will never read it.
I am proud to say that I finally got hooked after about the first hundred pages. This book to me was almost as interesting at Da Vinci Code it moved just as fast and after I got into it I couldn't put it down. I loved all the twists and turns especially in the end. I loved learning more about the main character Robert Langdon. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it, but if you like Da Vinci Code book or movie I would recommend this.
Once I read the book I decided to look at the previews online. I am sad to say that I figured out that the movie is a little different from the book. It is missing one important character in particular so it changes things I think significantly, however that being said I think the movie will still be good. I can't wait for it to come out!!!
The next book I read was called The Hunger Games. I am will post another time about my review of that.
I have a hard time finding books that keep my interest so if anyone out there has any recommendations. PLEASE PLEASE share!!!

No comments: